As we are approaching the end of 2018, I wanted to provide you with a quick update on what we have been working on and a little bit of roadmap insights for 2019.
Our top 3 focuses remain to be:
1. Bringing your fleet and operations online
2. Setting out a benchmark for planning
3. Analysing data and saving delivery costs
CarPal Fleet invites you to join us on this exciting journey to revolutionise last-mile logistics and greatly improve the operational efficiency of your company!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
What has been launched: Improved route planning technology
Whether you are a distributor, retailer or 3PL, our advanced route planning solutions can easily help you create schedules for your drivers, while saving costs on manpower and inefficient routes. Our goal is to give full control to our users on the parameters of the algorithm and ultimately the planned routes.
– We are now allowing a service time to be set on warehouse and vehicle level. This would provide you with better control on time spent loading, re-loading and unloading by different vehicles, which leads to more efficient planning.
What route planning features can you expect in 2019?
– Curb-side control: ability to control which side of the road drivers stop at
– U-turn prevention: ability to prevent drivers making U-turns
– Speed control: ability to manage the speed of vehicles for different areas
– Partial routing: re-run planning for certain/selected vehicles and orders; this is specifically interesting for those providing on-demand services.
– Improved route planning pages: providing better insight and control in Control Tower
Ability to view vehicle route and order timeline
We are now providing detailed (historical) insight on the route a driver has taken, including time stamps. This functionality would be instrumental for you to avoid potential disputes and ultimately provide better service to your customers.
New reporting features in 2019
In 2019, we will continue to roll out various features that provide you with a deeper understanding on driver behaviours. Ultimately, we believe that providing the correct data will help you to save costs and bring your business to the next level.
Here are some examples: